Bereavement touches us all.
How do we cope?
Webster gives the definition of bereavement as "…the loss of a loved one by death…".
At one time or another all of us experience the death of someone we love; a parent, child, spouse, sibling, friend, or a beloved pet. We all have stories of grief.
No two grief journeys are exactly the same. Though there are commonalities in losing someone, there are many types of loss.
Some of your grief experience depends on who you lose and what relationship you shared with them. But professional counselors say there are general stages of bereavement we all experience.
Regrettably, we need to deal with the practical aspects when death occurs. Funeral planning, securing airfare, renting a car. I want to provide some tips to make these arrangements easier.
Has someone you know suffered a loss and is mourning? What is appropriate in expressing sympathy? Are there “rules” of sympathy etiquette?
Do you send a card? Give a gift? What words of comfort can you offer? Are there practical ways you can you help?
It is hard to know what to say or do to offer comfort.
Don’t let being uncomfortable stop you from being there for someone who has suffered a loss. There are many avenues of healing help for grief and sorrow available.
If someone you love is hurting, I want to assist you in caring for them. I have been gathering a list of bereavement books that I hope can be helpful for those who are grieving or for those who want to help someone through as they grieve.
On this site there are many grief and bereavement poems to comfort those suffering a loss.
Included are funeral music selection suggestions, as well as prayers.
My hope is that
this website will give
you some tools for grieving
in a healthy way.
We can’t avoid the pain or suffering, but we can grow through it.
- Bereavement Books
- I have been gathering a list of bereavement books that I hope can be helpful for those who are grieving or for those who want to help someone through as they grieve.
- Bereavement Poems
- I started out with the idea of doing a single grief poetry page, only to discover there were just too many good bereavement poems to choose from.
- Bereavement Poems 2
- Bereavement Poems 2 was written because there is so much grief poetry that it is impossible to fit it all on one page. This page is dedicated to relationship poems.
- Bereavement Prayers
- Bereavement prayers can be a meaningful part of the funeral service. This is a time when we our looking for spiritual solace and strength for our hearts.
- bereavement store
- Welcome to my comfort-for-bereavement store! Right now I only have couple of items listed for sale.
- Edgar A Guest Poetry Selections
- There are so many Edgar A Guest Poetry Selections that I decided he needed a whole poetry section to himself. He wrote on countless topics, for my website I am highlighting the ones I feel address b
- There are so many details that surround funerals. You might be involved in making the funeral service arrangements. Which will entail decisions about caskets, the service, who is going to officiate
- Grief and Sorrow Healing Help
- There are many avenues of healing help for grief and sorrow available. During this time of bereavement, one great place to turn is to our friends and family. After all they know us best and care ver
- Practical Help
- How can you offer practical help to individuals and families that have suffered a bereavement?
- Stages of Bereavement
- As to the number of stages of bereavement, opinions vary greatly. But probably the most commonly known are the five stages listed by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
- Stories of Grief
- Though our personal stories of grief are as varied as each of us as individuals, we can identify with others’ mourning and bereavement. Sometimes reading what another person has gone through can help
- Sympathy Etiquette
- There are quite a few areas of sympathy etiquette that all of us are unsure of at one time or another. It is hard to know what to say in expressing sympathy. We can be at a loss for words. How do y
- Types of Bereavement
- Though there are commonalities in losing someone, there are many types of bereavement. Some of your grief experience depends on who you lose and what relationship you shared with them. Another facto
- About Me
- I am Mary Chamberlin. This page is about me and how my experiences with bereavement affected my life. “ You have collected all my tears and preserved them in your bottle! You have recorded every on
- Contact Me
- Contact Me - Please feel free to use the "Comments" form below to let me know your thoughts.
- The privacy and disclaimer policy for www.comfort-for-bereavement.com
- Site Map
- This site map will make it easy for you to find all of the pages on comfort-for-bereavement.com